There are 2 Basic Types of Videos:
Journalistic (long form) and Romanticized (short form or single camera
with lots of stills to fill in the missed shots).
Dreamscape Digital Media Specializes in the Journalistic long form
A typical format goes like this although all weddings are different and we can do whatever
you like. Traditional & non-traditional weddings are welcomed:
DVDs include full menus and a menu loop with animated windows for easy navigation.
- Shots of the venue, flowers, etc.
- Preparations of bride and groom
- Shots of each photo setup (laughter, etc.) fading one into the next, condensed.
- Complete ceremony, 2-3 camera live shoot with occasional slo-mo when appropriate.
- Additional photo cross fades to music.
- Video Stills Montage or Love Story (see our combination slide show projection discount)
- Dancing condensed (first dance, father/bride and mother/groom may be full length)
- Flower Toss
- Garter Toss
- More dancing.
- Bonus dancing in the DVD Menus
- Bloopers if there are any and they are wanted in the menus.
- Interviews will be included if possible. Please specify as some people prefer not to have this.
- ***An additional short form stills montage of the whole event set to your music is included (sort of
as a short form video extra!) People absolutely love this.
The Romanticized (short form) video is usually a series of stills, followed by a shaky handheld single
camera shot of the ceremony, followed again by a series of stills. This video usually lasts 20 minutes although they
can last up to one hour. DDM no longer produces single camera video for many reasons which we will be happy to
explain to you. It's generally just not a good idea although many photographers and dj's who throw video in as a sideline
seem to be OK with offering this.
A family heirloom:
Journalistic long form multiple camera video allows us to get a better variety of shots and to
move to a better angle with one camera while switching to an alternate shot. We have 2-3 shots to choose from so
the shot selection is generally 2-3 times better. We also include stills and subtle effects when appropriate.
No wedding video is complete with out at least a little slo-motion!
The ultimate goal is to make sure that we capture the entire day and deliver it in a cinema
like feature film that encapsulates and condenses the event.
We prefer to get your music to pull into the video timeline so we really get a feel for who you are
and are inspired while editing the day to music.
Please see our "how to choose" section for more details on what to look for and do not hesitate
to call or e-mail with questions. Don't worry, I promise you there are no Sales People working here! :-)
Have a great day.